Chair: Dr. George Carlo
Dr. Carlo is a academician, scientist, author and attorney. He has served on the medical school faculties at the University of Buffalo, the University of Arkansas and the George Washington University. He has more than 250 publications in the areas of education, public safety, health care, consumer protection and human performance with thirty-five years experience in owning and managing for-profit and non-profit companies. He has served on the Boards of Directors of five companies in the United States, Australia and Europe. He continues to serve in advisory capacities to government agencies, private foundations and public companies. He has specific expertise in cognitive learning and retention that is now being applied to programs within the Ave Maria and Shepherd’s Field curricula..
Dee Hopkins, Ed.D
Ed.D. Indiana University: Education/Library Science
M.S Indiana University: Education
B.S. Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis: Education
- Dean, College of Human Resources and Education: West Virginia University, Special Assistant to the Provost
- Over 15 years of administrative experience in higher education
- Impressive accomplishments in research grants an development totaling over $8.5 million
- Notable scholarship record encompassing over 20 publications and over 100 presentations
- Leadership in academic, professional, and community organizations.
- Eight years of public/private K-12 teaching and school library experience
- Numerous journal publications related to best practices in education
Paul E. Chapman, Ph.D.
Ph.D. Virginia Tech: Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
Ed.S. Virginia Tech: Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
M.A. Virginia Tech: Elementary Education K-8
- Dean of College of Education and Human Resources and Education at West Virginia University
- Oversight of all academic and business operations: West Virginia University
- Coordinate in collaboration with the Dean and leadership team strategic planning for the College of Human Resources and Education
- Ensure College compliance with all program and institutional accreditation standards.
- Collaborate with the Dean and Chief budget Officer for a fiscally responsive approach to programming.
- Maintained a collaborative working relationship with state agencies and affiliates of the College and University.
- Grants related to Effective Character Education Programs in Rural Schools
- Publications: “Six Pillars of Dynamic Schools.” 2009
- Numerous journal articles related to Educational leadership